Suffering From Sewer Backup? Get it Fixed From Toronto’s Best Local Plumbers
Blockage of the drain pipe that connects the home and city’s drain is the most common source of sewer backup and drain backup. This blockage in the sewer line can be caused due to a variety of reasons. The most common reasons being misaligned joints, soil settlement, infiltration caused by roots and many more. Sewer blockages can also be a result of solid debris, food, rags etc. that have been flushed down the drain.
Sewer blockage can be easily detected through the floor drain. Once blocked, the level of water in the pipe will rise to the level of your floor and beyond. The discharge will rise and may appear around the floor drain eventually. The degree of backup can be checked only by professional plumbers, like us, with the help of special equipment.
Causes of Drain Backup
- Settlement of solid junk like debris inside drains
- Infiltration by the roots of trees and shrubs
- Gradual deposition of mud or pebbles on the drain joint
- Accumulation of food or any solid kitchen waste
- Accretion of things like hair, small pieces of fabric etc.
Health Repercussions From Sewer Backup
Sewer backup is often associated with a variety of health hazards. The filthy water that rises up to the drain level comes with a lot of germs and diseases too. Therefore whenever you notice your floor drain oozing water, the best thing to do is to stay away from it and call Santos Plumbing Service for a quick repair.
In the case that one of your family members, kids or pets come in contact with such filthy water, it is possible that they could suffer from following health problems:
- Abdominal Pain
Treatment For Drain Backup
- Whenever you detect that your drain floor is flooding your washroom or kitchen, then call Santos Services immediately.
- Our reliable plumbers will first do a CCTV drain inspection to catch the root of the problem. This inspection enables them to find the precise fault at the exact location. Different kinds of faults have different strategies for treatment. For instance, mud settlement has a different approach and infiltration by roots has a different one.
- Once the root cause is detected, then the plumber will enforce the relevant protocol. For roots, drain snaking is employed to cut the roots. The same is applied for mud and debris too.
- However, if the settlements have become rigid with time then drain snaking will be of no use. In that case, hydro-jetting is used. Hydro-Jetting uses the most innovative technique to clean the pipe. It can cut through the hardest dirt and roots.
- Once, the cleaning is done, then another CCTV inspection is undertaken to ensure that the pipe or the drain is free from obstructions and blockages.
How to Prevent Drain Backup?
There are many rules that people can follow to make sure that they don’t end up in this situation. The following are some preventive measures:
- Avoid putting inappropriate objects in the drain like rags or small pieces of plastic.
- Never flush solid kitchen waste through the pipe. Not only will it block your drain, but it will also deteriorate there creating foul smell.
- While gardening, make sure that your plants or trees in the yard are not directly above the pipeline.
- Call sewer service experts, like those present at Santos, from time to time to check the pipes and drains. Maintenance plays a pivotal role in the health of your pipes and drains.
Effective techniques, budget pricing and reliable plumbers are the pillars of success at GTA’s most advanced and popular plumbing company – Santos. So, next time when you witness your floor drain offering you water instead of taking it – call our plumbing experts in Toronto immediately and seek professional help.
Is drain backup flooding your floor with water and germs? Don’t worry! Call Santos NOW and we will dispatch an emergency plumbing team straight away.