Commercial property owners usually do not give much thought to their plumbing upkeep and drain repair Toronto, until clogs or other major plumbing problems occur. There’s no denying that prevention is the key to keeping commercial plumbing efficient, but it can be a hassle to deal with plumbing care now and then. It is difficult to wait too long between drain cleaning schedules, and it’s impractical to perform commercial drain cleaning tasks too often.
While not all plumbing disasters can be avoided through preventative measures (such as pipes which were not installed correctly, or are slowly deteriorating), cleaning your drains regularly is one the best decisions you’ll ever make. Mark a date at the beginning or end of each month to clean your commercial drains, and you can greatly reduce risk for clogs and other drain issues.
In this post, we discuss why commercial properties should follow a drain cleaning schedule, as well as the advantages of having a professional inspect the plumbing system on a scheduled basis.
Stop Grease and Oil Buildup Early
The time it takes for grease or food particles to accumulate within the commercial drain pipes depends on how much you put them to use. Typically, an office with only few employees will need regular drain cleaning very less often than a diner, however, that’s no excuse to neglect proper plumbing care. Even regular items such as soap scum can cause drain pipes to clog over time. This is why it is important for commercial properties in all industries to clean drains every month.
During these monthly cleanings, there are some things you can do to ensure your commercial drain pipes are cleared of debris buildup:
- When cleaning drain pipes, clear out loose material build up using hot water. You’d be amazed how regular hot water flushing benefits your commercial drain pipes.
- Try to avoid chemical-based cleaners (they can cause your drain pipes to corrode).
- Instead of chemical drain cleaners, use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to clear out material build-up within your pipes. This mixture is not only a safer alternative to chemical cleaners, but is also very effective.
- If you are experiencing clogs, you may be able to get rid of them on your own using a drain snake, which is what plumbers use to tear apart accumulated materials within pipes.
- Commercial properties can also benefit from drain cover or grate which prevent large materials from entering the drains.
When Should I Contact a Professional?
While it is always recommended to contact an experienced plumbing company for emergencies, you should also consider having a plumber inspect your plumbing system – at least once each year.
A professional plumber can identify signs of drain performance problems and can also perform drain repair Toronto.
An inspection can help commercial properties address plumbing issues before they turn into outright disasters. Preventative care is important to ensuring a well-functional commercial plumbing system, and nothing can beat the services of a professional plumbing company.
Have a plumbing emergency? Call our 24 hour plumbers Toronto. At Santos Water, we also offer drain cleaning and drain repair services at affordable prices.