It feels like just yesterday when kids were fighting through the snow and ice, and now, all of a sudden, weather is warm and the sun is shining – Summer is upon us. But, how does summer affect our plumbing systems? Well, during summer, you need to keep an eye on your plumbing system to ensure you enjoy the summer months with no surprise or headaches.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Most homeowners’ see that their water bills tend to increase during the summer months as compared to winter. This is the time when you use your washing machine more often, so it is important to check the hoses for any leaks.
- If you feel a considerable increase in your water bills, check your meter and note down the readings. Now, don’t run any water for a few hours and check it again. If you’ve seen movement, there are chances you have a leak in your plumbing. Remember, even a small drip from a faucet or a leak in the pipes can waste 100 litres of water per week.
- Check your backyard or front yard for any stagnant water. It may be a potential sign of a broken or leaking pipe. Never overlook the standing water as it can be hazardous for your pets and kids as it is an invitation for mosquitoes, other pests and insects.
- In Toronto, often torrential rainstorms cause widespread flooding that means a wet basement or crawlspace. Homeowners must identify the potential signs of basement water damage. It is advised to have interior or exterior waterproofing done to your home to ensure its tip top condition for years to come.
- The rain not only damage your basements, but can also overwhelm Toronto’s aging sewer systems, especially in the older parts of the city. Furthermore, the tree roots growing into sewer systems and drains even worsen the problem. If you have a sewer backup, always call professional drain cleaning and repair services in Toronto.
Trust Santos Water for Your Toronto Plumbing Services this Summer
We are the Toronto plumbers you can trust during a plumbing and drainage system failure. We are on call for you all summer long – 24/7/365. Our plumbers are fully licensed and certified to undertake residential and commercial plumbing jobs. Our technicians are always accountable for their work. We are committed to always providing the best and prompt customer service throughout the Toronto area.
For all your plumbing issues in Toronto and its surrounding areas, give us a call anytime, day or night at your convenience.